Nov 2016 – Mar 2017
Roompik is a service that allows people to offer, and search for, long-term accommodation, with a particular focus on matching social aspects (such as likes and social network links) as well as the more traditional price/location metrics.
- Documentation of previously developed web app
- Bugfixing and function completion of existing web app
- Development of new, crawler and SEO friendly pages to increase traffic and signups
- Following and building upon an existing visual style and UX guide
User engagement saw an increase thanks to the new visibility in search engines. The new pages I developed integrated into the existing system, which allowed for both A/B testing to measure impact, and the ability to perform a controlled migration of functionality from the older web app codebase.
- SEO tools (Google Analytics, Facebook Developer, etc.)
- Amazon service integration